Register / Subscribe to an API Application plan
- An API developer can be registered to the Developer Portal by choosing a plan to signup. You can do this in the section 'Pick your plan' on the lower end of the homepage.
- You must then click on the activation link that was sent to your mailbox.
- Administrators can also activate the new account through 3scale API Admin Portal by navigating to Audience/Accounts/Listing and click on Activate for the specific new user.
- As long there are no Credit Cards / Billing gateways set up already, developers can free enroll on either free or paid Application plans.
- After following the activation link, the newly registered API developer is redirected to login for the first time.
- A new Application is generated for the API developer along with a new API key.
Access to API Credentials
Navigate to tab API CREDENTIALS to get an overview of your application.
The developer has the ability to review and change its current plan, as well regenerate your API key.
- Billing is not setup yet so no credit card credentials are going to be requested from the developer. Build-in functionality of 3scale API Management though will not allow to the developer to switch to a paid plan without providing billing / payment credentials.
Access to Statistics
Navigate to STATISTICS to get an overview of your API usage. Graphs are displayed based on the methods set by the API's administration.
Access to Documentation
Navigate to DOCUMENTATION to see the available API calls and even try them out.
Access to Settings
Navigate to SETTINGS from where you can:
- Get an overview on the account details
- Invite new users to your Application
- Get an overview of your invitations and their status
- Check on your invoices (monthly payments)